Open enrollment training
The purpose of this course is to convey a comprehensive picture of the concept of lean and to discuss its applicability to companies in the construction sector. Also the purpose is to identify possibilities to eliminate waste and to outline a more efficient delivery system for construction.
On completion of the course students will have a basic understanding of the following: lean thinking and lean principles, stability and standardized work, value stream management, production control, quality philosophy and methods, people and teams, commitment and involvement, lean management, supplier, sales and service relationships and the demand for culture change.
The course covers the philosophies and principles of Lean Construction. The course sets out from a set of principles and techniques that aim at making construction more effective and quality conscious. It deals with a business philosophy and a strategic thinking that involves companies and organizations as well as various inter-organizational collaborations and alliances. With reference to best practice the course lays the foundation of a new approach to promote efficiency in construction.
The course consists of the following modules:
- A business strategy that strengthens the competitive advantage
- Making processes visible with value creation in focus
- Standardizing for continuous improvement
- Stimulating people to increased engagement
- Developing organizations and renewing the sector
Jeffrey Liker, The Toyota Way, McGraw-Hill, 2004
John Bicheno, The New Lean Toolbox, PICSIE Books, 2003
Tel: 031 772 2236
If you want more information contact Dan Carlsson.
Phone: +46 031 772 4218
Mobile: +46 730 346285
Full refund of educational program/course fees will be made for reservations cancelled no later than eight weeks prior to the start of the program/course. Later cancellations incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- 2 weeks or less prior to program start 100% of the educational program/course fee
- 2-4 weeks prior to program start 50% of the educational program/course fee
- 4-8 weeks prior to program start 25% of the educational program/course fee, for educations in the Shipping area: 0% of the educational program/course fee
We are always willing to consider a colleague as a substitute for the original applicant. Cancellation and postponement must be made in writing. Cancellation of accommodation is subject to the cancellation policies of the hotels.